What Paint Spraying Equipment For Indoor & Outdoor DIY ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a reasonable make/model of paint spraying equipment that can be used for some DIY jobs? The paints to be used will include primers for metal, primers for wood and solvent based paints such as gloss and car paint. The materials to be sprayed will be doors and several areas of metal sheeting in various sizes between 2 sqm and 5 sqm. The doors will be used internally and outdoors, the metal sheeting will all be used outdoors.

After a little bit of preliminary research my current thoughts are to go for HVLP spray equipment, possibly something like an Apollo Spraymaster 1200-2S or Appollo Pro Spray 1500-3S or Q Tech T3.

I had thought about hiring the equipment but a better option might be to buy it then sell it after the work is completed? Any loss on the purchase/sale should be less than the hire fees and if I get on OK with spraying I might decide to keep it for future DIY.

Any advice most appreciated.

Thx
Jack

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well we've not seen you for a while. Yes I'd deffo go with HVLP stuff. It's the only sprayer I've ever had success with. It's probably the deal you can get that makes a difference rather than a specific name.

Well we've not seen you for a while...

Hey Joe,

My van broke down, been missing for a while until it was repaired, needs a re-spray now and I got some real cheapo black car paint so I am gonna spray it myself and become Black Van Jack.

Thx for the feedback re HVLP sprayers, hope you keeping well and earning a few crusts.

Rgds
Jimi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back