Best Thermal lining wall paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Looking for some good advice. I am looking to decorate a bedroom which has 2 very cold walls> I want to use a good thermal wallpaper. I have used warmaline in the past and found it rubbish. I am no pro but found it ripped and dented very easily and therefor found the finish terrible. Can anyone suggest a good thermal paper. I have heard of Wall rock thermal Liner. Is this good, how easy difficult is it to apply please?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
that's an interesting point. The insulation in your loft is (should be) 270mm thick. If you had cavity walls, the insulation might be 50-100mm thick or equivalent. The effectiveness of insulation is governed by its thickness and the material used.

How thick is the insulation in this wallpaper you have in mind?

The one i have heard of I believe is 3.2mm thick. It is more of a wall liner than a wall paper. I think the maker is Erfurt Mav !! I know is a bit pricey but if it does work then it is worth spending that bit more.

I haven't used Wall Rock but I know a few people that have. They used it to reduce over night condensation on external bedroom walls. It seems to have helped but if you are serious about thermal qualities, you might want to consider the "foam" backed plasterboard sheets. You will however need to remove the skirting and any coving. You may also need to replace any window sills.

EDIT------

I composed this a couple of hours ago and hit the send button when I got to the next pub, before having had a chance to read the newer comments.d

Sponsored Links
That is exactly what I want if for. I dont really want the fuss of removing skirtings cvings etc. Think I will give it a go and see if it helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back