Thermal lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I am decorating my living room. Having stripped back all the old wallpaper and lining, the original plaster underneath is surprisingly good nick - it is not the flattest, but generally still all sound and attached the wall. There is a picture rail too which I don't want to remove. I have sanded it all down and filled holes and now intend to line in it before painting.

I intend to use wall doctor for the three internal walls then have been considering wall rock thermal paper round the external wall / bay window. However, there are architectural details - the corner of the wall leading into the bay is curved with a small triangular overhang, plus of course detailing around the sills. Can anyone advise if the thermal wallpaper will be a nightmare to hang neatly around these details and not worth it? And does the thermal work & not just an expensive gimmick?!

I'm a competent DIY-er, happy with simple lining walls but not done anything trickier.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back