Will Thermal Lining Paper Stop Black Mould Patches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have one wall which is very cold and I get black mould patches near where I have furniture even though it is not directly against the wall. I also have a De-Humidifier which is on 24/7. I am wondering if I put some thermal lining paper up and then wallpaper over it, would that stop the mould?
Thanks in advance for any advice - much appreciated

Sponsored Links
It will certainly help I worked in my Daughters house in a cold bedroom and I found our bathroom better (less like a fridge) certainly worth trying, be aware you need a special adhesive for it.
I had success behind a wardrobe with the foam backed radiator foil too.
Just one note it is difficult to fit around external corners in a room.

A couple of mm of polystyrene will not make much difference. But the small improvement might be enough to avoid the condensation, if you’re lucky.

The best solution to condensation is to remove the moisture at source, i.e. kitchen and bathroom extractors, not drying clothes on radiators, etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back