Help needed- re mould on lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I would be really grateful if someone could please help me with an issue I am having re lining paper.
I live in a flat that has poor ventilation and as such a black like mould forms on the corners of the outside facing walls due to condensation.

The lining paperin the rooms is old and flaking off and I want to remove this and re- lining paper the walls. Is there any advice you can give me regarding tking steps whilst painting to prevent future mould growth?

Many thanks in advance

George

Sponsored Links
He dont mention damp though John...sounds like surface mould due to poor circulation in cold corners..

There is a way around this George but its a bit of a pain..

ok..strip your walls etc then line em using expanded polysterene you paste the wall and not the stuff its self..but be warned its a pig to hang and brakes east..

Then line it..twice...making sure the first one is in the opposire direction to the poly...and the second one in the opposite direction to taht..ie cross and vertical line

You need to do it twice because the sufare of the polysterene is quite soft.

Thanks Zampa

Where can I buy the expanded polysterene from? Is it quite an expensive extercise?

Sponsored Links
Most diy places do it..i cant remember the trade name of it im affraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back