Best Tool, Etc To Clear Fat From Back Entry Gully?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Occasionally I need to clear the old salt glaze back entry gully for the kitchen sink. The gully chamber has an inlet from the sink waste pipe, and an outlet to the main sewage system. It's this outlet that get blocked with fat, etc and it has a tight upwards turn that I can only just get my fingers into the entrance of. I've experimented with bits of plastic flexible pipe and coat hangers, etc. I can get these up there so far, but I'm not sure it's cleaning all of the bore of the outlet as it's really difficult to move whatever I put up there.

Don't think a plunger will work, as the fat is too solid and tightly packed. Would like to know if anyone has any tips. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Clear what you can by hand then flush with lots of very hot water & detergent.

Avoid putting fat down the sink in the first place - problem solved.(y)

As last post, loads of water as hot as you can get it.

Have you access to a pressure washer?

There are on the market several flexible coiled wire devices that may assist? such as

This item:VARIOSAN Pipe Cleaning Spiral, Claw, Crank £7.00 See Amazon for other ideas

Ken

Does it run down to a manhole? You could get it jetted, I bet the pipes massively reduced with fat if you have to do it regularly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back