Best tool for cutting a 100mm wooden post at precise angle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a staircase with a newell attached to its base. The base is 100mm and I need to remove the newell and cut the base in half at a precise 85degree angle. The base is still attached to the staircase so I have to saw at an awkward angle.

I don't trust myself to get the correct angle with a handsaw especially as it is a sidewise cut. What is the best tool for this job? A handheld circular saw? thanks.
t

Sponsored Links
Handsaw,
pin a few scraps of timber to the post to act as a guide to run the saw against. If the resultant cut needs a little work to tidy it up then use a block plane or sanding block and paper.
Remember if you think you will go wrong with a handsaw an electric circular will only allow you to make the same mistake quicker :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have that saw in the link it is the dogs dangleys...

I can find any wooden magnets though although they do have a good selection of left handed screwdrives. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back