Best type of shower to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 3 storey town house with a main bathroom on the middle floor and an en-suite top floor. I've a power shower in the middle bathroom, works fine no problems. I'd like to convert the en-suite to a wet room and my question is what type of shower will be best to install. I'd like another power shower, but as it's top floor I'm worried there's not enough head for the shower to work properly. Don't really want an electric shower if I can avoid it as the pressure is not that great once it climbs up to the top. The hot and cold water tanks are on the same top floor. Any bright ideas appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Trevi boost is an idea if you dont want to go the expense of a pump. Mixer shower, with internal venturi to boost the pressure up.
Hot off the tank and a cold main supply required.

Sponsored Links
I'd like another power shower, but as it's top floor I'm worried there's not enough head for the shower to work properly.
You're right to question it, but you're slightly confused.

The flow switch on a positive head pump won't actuate if the shower outlet is higher than the container of stored water that supplies it.

The answer is to buy a negative head pump. They are more expensive, but you'll get a better shower than with a Venturi valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back