Best "Type" of tile cutter for porcelain tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did do a search but just got myself confused :oops:

I have 600mm x 300mm x 10mm thick porcelain tiles to fit in my bathroom. I'll use these for both shower and floor. Some of the cuts I need to do will need a really neat (no chips) straight edge. Some cuts will be along the 300mm edge, others along the 600mm edge.

Will the manual tile cutters give me the finish I require on a porcelain tile? I have a wet cutter (cheap Plasplugs from B&Q) which has too small a table for the job and the first cut I tried ended up chipping the tile along its length so I stopped there and then. Would a larger wet cutter with a "guide" to maintain a straight edge be better than a manual cutter for these tiles?

For manual cutters I'm considering the QEP Big Clinker 2 from Screwfix. Not quite sure what to purchase if wet cutter is the way to go? (Screwfix have an Erbauer that looks like it would be big enough.

Hope I've made some sense.

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
I know that you didn't find much help for this one on here but did you try the cutter and was it a success?

I am in the same situation as you were.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back