Best type of underlay for chipboard subfloor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to lay some laminate in two rooms (nursery and an office) and wanted to ask you guys what type of underlay you think will be best to use for rooms like this. Neither room will get a lot of traffic. Both rooms are upstairs. Both rooms have chipboard sub-floors and look pretty flat with no major bumps.

Not sure if I should be avoiding underlays with damp proof membrane as it's upstairs/has a chipboard sub-floor?

Can anyone recommend a good underlay that's readily available at DIY / flooring stores?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you only need underlay act as a cushion between chipboard and laminate, just get the standard underlay on a roll from any flooring/diy outlet.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, In the end I went for a roll of basic 3mm underlay from Screwfix. Think it's called Accoustalay. There's no DPM, and it supposedly reduces noise slightly. Cheap and cheerful, seems to have done the job nicely.

Cheers,

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back