What type of underlay for laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Struggling to find answers as I’ve got different types of sub floor. I’ve asked before on underlay but spotted something else. Plan is to use the 12mm wickes laminate.

We’ve got a conservatory with a concrete slab floor. I’m assuming best case for this is one of those underlays with a dpm attached.

Most of the other rooms are suspended floor and old style floor boards. I read you don’t want the dpm for chipboard flooring as moisture gets trapped. Does this also apply to floor boards as it has gaps.

The other difficulty I’ve got is the kitchen has an extension and so I’ve got suspended floor with floor boards (not t and g chipboard) on one part and concrete slab in the other. What would you use here?

Cost is an option and looking to move in the next year so we are refurbing to sell. I don’t want something rubbish but equally don’t want to go top end when I won’t see the benefit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back