Best underlay for an uneven old wooden subfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A renovation company I've already selected will be laying laminate flooring for my first floor. It's an old uneven wooden subfloor due to the shape of the wood rather than any dirt or debris. As much as I'd like to sort out the unevenness, the renovation company is won't be sorting this out without it costing me a large amount of money.

What is the best underlay that can be used to even out the unevenness as much as possible? I'm guessing an underlay that is quite thick and firm would be best?

Sponsored Links
Fibre boards really but no underlay will level it out really. Don’t use a drop lock fitting laminate what ever you do. Go for a uniclic system

Fibre boards really but no underlay will level it out really. Don’t use a drop lock fitting laminate what ever you do. Go for a uniclic system

Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting it to level out completely. Just wanting to reduce it the most I can by picking the best underlay for it.

Any particular brand or are you able to link to a specific product on a website? What about this on Screwfix: https://www.screwfix.com/p/wood-fibre-underlay-boards-7m-15-pack/7824r#_=p ?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back