best underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have to carpet a whole house soon and although ive bought underlay online before im not sure which is the best choice. Any advice is welcome from fitters, its over ventilated floorboards so thermals would be a consideration. I will then get a local fitter to supply and do the carpets, I assume this is the cheapest way. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The internet is not always the cheapest way.

For the best thermal properties (Tog ratings),you'll struggle to beat natural felt, we predominantly sell Axminster Axfelt65 which is a crumb rubber/natural felt combo. Natural Felt is a superior product to manmade felt, it's significantly better than puFoam and natural rubber waffle style underlays forcarpet wear, durability, appearence retention and support, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Personaly I would price up with the fitter, before making a decision, it's not uncommon for fitters to supply and fit at the underlay price or charge extra for fitting if you supply your own. Buying underlay online can be a minefield and you don't know what you are getting, quality and batches do vary, it would be safer if you have an issue to source the products from the same source.

Everyone needs to make a living, pricing every single penny out of a job does'nt give those supplying labour etc much of a living, have a heart and let the people who care about putting the product on your floors the opportunity to make a bit of a living/profit, they have mortgages to pay and families to feed too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back