Best Waterbased satinwood, non thixotropic, not quick drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. I have been struggling with Crown's non drip satinwood paint. It has got contaminated with bits and despite straining it too many remain ruining the finish.

Further, I found this jelly like thixotropic paint difficult to apply, and it also dried too quickly, preventing me brushing it out as I would like and attempts to brush out led to pulling again leading to a poor finish. I believe I should be applying it thickly and quickly and the brushmarks will disappear as it dries but too many remain.

I am going to take the crown paint to the recycling centre and am looking for a better paint. I would prefer a paint that is liquid, not jelly, and I would like it to have a open time longer than a few minutes, so that I can brush it out.

Is here a water based satinwood paint that fits this description? I have been reading about armstead trade satinwood and sikkens satura rubbol bl, but both are quite expensive so am seeking either reassurance they are worth it, or alternatives.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back