Best way to decommission existing wired alarm?

How your bell box responds depends on the bell box you have and how it’s connected up will determine your options.

So need to know your bell box you have image of should be enough on here for someone to id it.

The reality is that a bell box may sound when cover is removed so need to be aware of that.

For example if it’s an Texecom bell box You will be able to see what the leds are doing so you will know if it’s in hold off mode which allows you to open the bell box up without it going off.

But if the the leds didn’t change then you will know that when you take lid off it is going to sound.

No one here knows what you have so can’t tell what to do or what to look for or how it’s likely to respond.

you can’t do anything from the panel end to stop a bells own tamper from ringing unless the. Ell box is put it to engineers hold off.

Putting the link at the panel end will stop it ringing panel side not at the bell end.
Thanks, more complicated than I thought! Glad I asked….

So removing the bell box cover, and typing in my normal code won’t stop the siren? As soon as I do this I can disconnect the cable and also the battery, that’s what I was hoping anyway. That’s (I’m presuming is) there is a battery in the bell box.

Actually I had a problem with tamper and now remember many moons ago I changed the tamper limit switch, and seem to remember the siren had 2 sounders in and could be unplugged, I’ll try and find a pic…

If so I could just unplug the sounders, remove cables? Seem to remember no battery inside it though, as in large battery, do newer bell boxes have smaller batteries in now, rather than the old style big rectangular ones?

Sponsored Links
post a picture of the bell box (external only should do to start with) should give us an idea of what you have and best way to approach it.

below are two different pcbs from two different bell boxes both have batteries, you only need to cut one of the wires red or black to stop the battery powering the bell, top pic you cant see the read cable coming out of the battery, the other you can see it but from the picture easier to cut the piezo wire possibly as it only has one, or flick open the plastic cover and pull out the battery connection

scan bell.png
bellbattery.jpg

Sponsored Links
Best pic can find. Can’t see any battery inside it? Could the battery from the main panel be used for it?

The 2 white connectors, marked siren are where it has 2 sirens, that were unplugged at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_5982.png
    IMG_5982.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Move the bottom jumper pin to the right to disable the battery
From INT to EXT (pic was slightly cut off). What is this to do? Presume means internal and external - but what?

So no battery inside the bell box and the backup battery must be in the main panel? and this runs both the main panel backup and the bell box backup?

Thanks

Yes put it on ext then the bell will not use its own internal battery there fore if control panel is powered down bell will be powered down too

Yes put it on ext then the bell will not use its own internal battery there fore if control panel is powered down bell will be powered down too
So where is the battery in this? Is there a small battery somewhere on it?

So when set to EXT where is it using? The battery in the main panel?

Yes the eng hold off is not wired in in your pic so just whip it open and pull the 2 piezo connections off

Then swap the battery jumper then u are ok to remove the power without it sounding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back