Best way to fit these window boards...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I'm a complete novice and am attempting to replace some really old window tiles with proper window boards.

We recently had new windows put in and they shafted the plaster on the reveals which is going to be sorted soonish (council house).

My question is when fitting the new window boards Should i fit them flush to the bare brick on the reveals or wait until they have repaired the walls and then fit the boards?

Also, I'm gonna cut tgem so they have bits sticking out (ears?) either side. Should i knock out the plaster and cut those to sit against the bare brick too or just cut to where its plastered.

Heres a pic to show you the window...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/16/windowsill.jpg

Any help much appreciated!

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Hey, I'm a complete novice and am attempting to replace some really old window tiles with proper window boards.

We recently had new windows put in and they shafted the plaster on the reveals which is going to be sorted soonish (council house).

My question is when fitting the new window boards Should i fit them flush to the bare brick on the reveals or wait until they have repaired the walls and then fit the boards?

Also, I'm gonna cut tgem so they have bits sticking out (ears?) either side. Should i knock out the plaster and cut those to sit against the bare brick too or just cut to where its plastered.

Heres a pic to show you the window...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/16/windowsill.jpg

Any help much appreciated!

Gaz

Personally i'd fit it to the bare walls knocking out the plaster for the ends, then they can plaster right up to it and make it neat.

Sometimes its hard to get a new square cill into plastering that could run in a bit :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back