replacing tiled internal window cill with window board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
I am redoing my kitchen and have taken the tiles off of the window cill and wish to replace them with window board.
The problem i am having is that because they were tiled before the plaster on the cill sits high than it would if it had a window board on it so should i take all the plaster off so the window boards sits where it should or should i just put the window board straight on top
DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

Also with the other window boards in the house they look like they have been cut into the brick work or do they just cut the boards to shape?
All help appreciated thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
You should be able to thin the board down a bit where it sits on the wall i.e. leave it full thickness at the front if you feel it sits too high up the window although I personally wouldn't worry about it.
We generally cut the window boards around the brickwork to give a much more attractive look than just finishing with the vertical opening.

You could fit a thinner board and trim front with a deeper bullnose trim to give appearance of being thicker, depends on the final finish, painted etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back