Securing New Window Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Before fitting a new replacement window, I have had to raise the bottom of it by a couple of brick courses making the window slightly smaller. Achieved this by adding a couple of rows of bricks on the outer skin and Thermalite blocks on the inside.

I need to fit a new internal window board (window sill) to finish it off but am not sure how I should fix it to the top of the blocks.

Can't copy what was there before as there wasn't a window board - don't ask, long story...

Anyone know how builders normally fix window boards?

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Screw & rawlplug a thin plywood on top of the wall then use gripfill to bed your window board on top of the ply

Sorted it - many thanks for the advice.

Actually used a slightly thicker piece of wood to raise the level slightly to bring above th elevel where the frame sits into the uPVC outer sill and to take out slight variations in level of the blocks. Drilled, plugged and screwed into blocks below and used grab adhesive to stick the window board to it.

Perfect :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back