Best way to fix a wooden floorboard to concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just posted one question about working on my floor, but this is the second conundrum which is of a different vain and so I thought I would post it as a new topic.

So, my lounge and kitchen is open plan wiht the kitchen being tiled and the lounge will eventually be carpeted.

I have yet to screed the lounge and finish it off, but before I do finish it I wanted some advice. I want to install a strip of wood, 150mm wide between the kitchen and lounge floor to act as a sort of break between the two rooms. The wooden strip is only about 15mm/20mm thick and will be sat on top of the screed.

I have read there are some good adhesives that you can use for this, but cant actually find anything specifically, can anyone recommened one? Or alternatively should I sink some wooden battons flush in the screed and then screw the wooden board down, counter sink the holes and fill them afterwards?

My main worry is that the wood will be worked loose over time when stood on if it is just glued down, and also that with it expanding and contracting, the adhesive would need to be able to react to this movement without failing.

Any suggestions much appreciated,

N.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back