Best way to fix down Solid Oak Floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to lay down 36sqm of solid oak flooring. The screed was put down about 3 months ago and is now dry enough for the wood.

I am reading that there are several methods to stick/float the floor but perhaps someone could suggest the best method to help me?

I think the best way forward would be to 'glue' the wood down but I'm unsure of the best 'glue' to use and hope some of you professionals can point me in the right direction on where to obtain the best glue?

Many thanks in advance.

B

Sponsored Links
The only best way is.....
doing which ever method you select the correct way. Read our article on different methods
How thick was your new concrete floor? 3 months down and dry, following the rule of thumb of 30 days per inch would mean 3 inch - 7.5cm?

Thanks WouldYouLike - very informative and has helped me out alot.

The screed is about 4 inches thick so I guess I will leave it a little longer before I lay the floor. I'm going to glue the wood down. Slight problem I'm having is to find/look for a suitable glue and I would like to use the same glue that the professionals use. I don't want to lay the floor down to find it lifting etc in a couple of months time due to glue failure.

Regards

B

Sponsored Links
You can best use a flexible adhesive like MAPEI P990 when you're glueing floorboards. Lecol5500 is more suitable for wood blocks like parquet flooring, not for the floorboards you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back