Best way to fix mirror to door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of a couple of mirrors that I am going to be putting onto some wardrobe doors. Each mirror will be approximately 2000mm x 600mm.

My question is: would a strong adhesive (i.e. No More Nails, etc) be sufficient to attach them to the doors, or should I also use screws?

Many thanks,

Gary

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I had hoped that an adhesive would be sufficient as the finish will be nicer.

Cheers,

Gary

personally i wouldn't rely totally upon adhesive. you probably couldn't pull the mirror off in a million years, but if you've got kids running round slamming doors, its not worth the risk.
you can buy corner anchors wich would be a back up if the adhesive should fail.
its not being able to see the adhesive fail that would worry me.

Sponsored Links
As they are doors I would hope that Gary ordered them with a safety film on the Back!!

Jason

Just make sure your ceilings in good condition. Uh, sorry doors. !

keyplayer said:
Just make sure your ceilings in good condition. Uh, sorry doors. !

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

noseall said:
....you can buy corner anchors wich would be a back up if the adhesive should fail

Good idea - will look into them as they'll still look quite decorative

jasonb said:
As they are doors I would hope that Gary ordered them with a safety film on the Back!!
:oops: :oops: I am not sure what backing will be on the mirrors. However, they are going onto sliding doors, so they shouldn't take so much 'knocks' :p

Thanks again chaps - and special thanks to keyplayer for giving me a good idea ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back