Best way to repaint scuff marks and paint scratches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm trying to cover scuff marks and places where paint has been scratched off the wall (for example by banging the dining chair against it).

Our house was painted a year ago and I got the exact same paint which was used to paint the walls and I bought a very thin brush however when I apply this on these places I can see a difference in the coloir (the newly painted areas are "whiter") plus I can see the brush strokes on the wall.

I understand that paint fades over time however was wondering what would be the best method to do this leaving the area as seamless as possible...?

Sponsored Links
Use the same tool as the wall was painted with eg. roller, paint pad, bristle brush. It's usually the texture and how it reflects the light that causes the problem.

One bodge if it was roller painted is to dab the area lightly with scrunched up kitchen roll dipped in paint several light coats are best. Paints vary some are well known for being hard to touch up, non matt ones are the worst. Do not expect match pots to be a good match for the original paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back