Best way to repair this?

I can only go on what I have seen before, I understand some can have quite a rough face and be almost indistinguishable from clay bricks.

The strength of the brick sounds about right. They are effectively a pressed concrete brick (without the coarse aggregate) and as with concrete gain strength as they get older and again as with concrete shrink in size, hence the shrinkage cracks.

Of course I am probably barking up the wrong tree but it was the first thing I thought when I saw the photos.

If I take one to somewhere to brick match surely they will know? Just for curiousity?

Sponsored Links
Certainly worth a try, if nothing else local knowledge may help. Like I said we used to have a brick works making them so we see them quite a lot in housing developments from 1950's up to late 1970's in approx. 30 mile radius. I assume they were cheaper than clay bricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back