Best way to upgrade DB to 17th Edition?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was just wondering what would be the best way to update a 16th edition split load DB ( 16 way crabtree starbreaker, installed 2002 ) to 17th edition.

I feel RCBO's would be costly as 6 would be required ( approx £200 )
So would changing the DB seem the most viable option?

The reason I ask is that my neighbour has asked me to issue her with a PIR for her flat that she is soon to let out.
Seems a lot of expense to add to an already modern installation, I assume this has to be done though?
I'm more of an commercial spark so not really familiar with PIR's in domestic situations, I do have my 17th Edition and 2391 insp. & testing

Also does anyone have a link to printable PIR certificates as i've only got the printable EIC's

Thanks

Sponsored Links
no doesn't have to be done..
if it's just a PIR then it's noted down as not complying with the current regs but there is no legal impetus to bring an installation up to date if it is still ok to a previous edition of the regs and is not posing an immediate danger..

Hi, Thanks for quick replies.
The main thing really was the cables in partitions not RCD protected.
I've not actually carried out any tests yet, just a quick visual.
Thats good to know that it can just be noted as not complying :)

I've had a look for PDF PIR's on IEE website but no luck.
Are they not available anymore?
Just dont want to buy a full book for one sheet ( typical scot :) )
Thanks again, appreciated

Sponsored Links
It should go fairly cheaply if it is installed to the 16th.

Simple non compliances can be listed in all their quantity as code 4, including the cables that wont be RCD protected when at certain depths etc..

Only any immediate danger need fail the PIR.

Do check that no work has been done since the introduction of the 17th, or if it has, that it has been done accordingly.

The necessity is to have the PIR carried out, what with the change of tenancy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back