Best wet and dry vacuum for yards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just spent 2hrs cleaning the yard by hand with a brush and it was pretty exhausting and the results are average. So I'm in the market for a vacuum cleaner which can clean fine dirt from the yard several times a year. My budget is £80 max.

I was looking at the "Karcher WD2" but it has a few negative reviews. I was also looking at the Autled-WD02 and the Vacmaster Multi 20.

I don't need anything massive or really heavy duty, it's just for yard dust and leaves.

Sponsored Links
Most would use a jet washer , vacuuming a yard would be too slow a laborious .

Sponsored Links
I use a Ryobi RVC 12201 for chimney sweeping.....its a good powerful vac with a stainless steel drum.
However, filters may prove expensive and plastic nozzles will be worn away with contact from concrete so bear that in mind!
John :)

I bought a wet/dry from aldi a couple of years back. £50.
Never tried the wet bit but you change the filter.
Sucks well on dry, has a power take off so you can connect to a sander/ drill/saw

They come up from time to time

Almost identical ones in screwfix for £100 or so

I really don't think a vacuum cleaner will solve the problem here.....It will shift loose debris for sure but won't lift the algae or whatever which is stuck to the concrete.
I think I'd be running a hose connection to the pressure washer for optimum results.

I really don't think a vacuum cleaner will solve the problem here.....It will shift loose debris for sure but won't lift the algae or whatever which is stuck to the concrete.
I think I'd be running a hose connection to the pressure washer for optimum results.

A while back I thought about attaching the pressure washer to the tap but the tap does not seem suitable. I wanted to change the tap but it has some bizarre arrangement underneath that defies all logic.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/24000xey0/

But I just noticed some devices on Amazon which might do the job :idea:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...51040220&sr=8-2&keywords=kitchen+tap+hosepipe

A typical kitchen tap with copper tails.
You can't connect a hose to the tap itself but easy enough to break into the cold supply to provide an external one.

A typical kitchen tap with copper tails.
You can't connect a hose to the tap itself but easy enough to break into the cold supply to provide an external one.
Sorry I've not removed a tap before, was hoping it would just need a screw driver. It's looking like I'll have to call in a plumber to put a separate connection on.

I have a pressure washer but no hosepipe in the yard so I'm looking at vacuums instead.
Do you have a water butt or large container that you can fill with water using bucket from a tap.
If so stick the pressure washer inlet hose there and fire it up, you may need to prime the pipe first to avoid the pump running dry for too long

Do you have a water butt or large container that you can fill with water using bucket from a tap.
If so stick the pressure washer inlet hose there and fire it up, you may need to prime the pipe first to avoid the pump running dry for too long

I could get one, but I think I'll just talk to a local plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back