Betacom 30: hot then cold DHW prob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping if some knowledgable people can help me out.

it looks as if the betacom I installed (4/5yrs ago in my property) has a blocked plate h/e, even though the system was brand new rads and magnaclean:/. is it possible that the problem is not the h/e?
if I replace the h/e what washers do I need or will the come with new h/e? ( I ask this as I don't replace parts/diagnose/service boilers I only install and the property is a 2hr round trip for me so I need to have the right parts to complete in one visit)

cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds like a plate heat ex fault but. could be other things e.g ntc. if you've not changed a plate heat ex on these, be warned they can be a bit of a pain.i find i need good access the the right hand side. to get at the connection from the divertor.

no chance of access on right hand side it's up against a wall!!!
left hand side is accessible though. how about flushing the h/e in situ, if I stick some system cleaner in?

is it still possible to replace with no acces from right hand side of boiler?
cheers

priced up a new DHW h/e. omg! £360!

but luckily it's not the problem:)

was only able to spend 5 mins with boiler today and the boiler is firing when tap is open but no/little heat from tap, but the ch circuit heats up. so the diverter valve is shot. I'm guessing the fact it fires means that it's not just the diaphragm that's gone. so phone parts shop : new diverter = £200! the boiler only cost £450.... think I'm being taught a lesson.

Sponsored Links
Classic, not to be horrible but that's the problem with the cheap units they are a throw away unit, had to fit a pcb to one of these heaps £173 plus fitting. Just a word it anybody reads this who is thinking of going cheap get a cost on parts before the money is spent out or as you have said it will bite you. Just a final note to you could be the diverter motor on the top of the dv and the dv cartridge that it connects to that is of corse if it's the newer type internals. If not to confirm you suspicion I would close the flow valve and try the hot water if it says hot it will be the dv if it dosent my be a few parts. Good luck

I'm guessing the fact it fires means that it's not just the diaphragm

not really. the diaphragm can sometimes just about make the contact switch in some circumstances. i usually find 8/10 times just changing the diaphragm will solve the problem. and dont get conned by some manus saying a diaphragm aint available. iv had this even with glowworm. but managed to get hold of one, for under a tenner. cheaper to change than a whole divertor. actually i now remember it wasnt the plate heat ex that was a pain to change. oops, it was the diaphragm. but it aslo depends which model betacom you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back