BETACOM GLOW WORM HOT WATER PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Please help, i have recently moved into the house and ch & hot water was hot, now however the ch works fine but no hot water, its a BETACOM glo worm 24, the boiler fires up when you turn the setting to CH but as soon as I turn it to hot water it shuts down, I dont have a manual but was wondering if there is an easy fix before I call a pro, i tried switching it off and back on after 10 mins or so and have also reset it but no change there.Also there is no hot water when the heating is on too!
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :!:

Sponsored Links
I would start by checking the DHW flow sensor. Minimum flow rate required to operate is approx 3 litres a min. Make sure your system is pressurised to at least .75bar.

Is it the original Bcom24 with 3 neon lights or the Bcom24c with 7 neon lights? Any lights flashing or on static?

As 45yearsagasman rightly said you initially looking at the flow switch (original) or the flow sensor (the BcomC). Also worth checking is the hot water thermistors on both between 10k and 12k at ambient room temp

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys, I will try and get a manual online as i dont know what i am looking for without one....the boiler must be the 24c as it has 7 neon lights, its just has 1 green light on all the time,if i switch to heeting and hotwater the red lights light accordingly but as soon as i switch to just hot water it stops and the lights go back slowly to just green, the bar is at just below 2 on the pressure gauge, it seems strange that even with the heating on no hot water comes through the taps, it tries, gets to luke warm then back to cold after a few seconds...thanks again for your advice it is appreciated!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back