hot water problems with glow worm betacom 24 c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Having problems with a glow worm betacom 24c boiler. Hot water only gets hot when heating is on. If i switch it to just hot water only, all i get is a green light. This boiler was working fine 2 weeks ago when my tenant moved out. She did shut off the gas to boiler & switched off electric. Went round today to relight boiler for new tenant but as stated above no hot water. Did notice that pressure was up to 4 bar which it was not on 2 weeks ago. Drained excess pressure off by bleed valve on 1 of the rads back to 1.5 bar as stated in manual but still no hot water. Could this have been caused by new tenant increasing pressure trying to get boiler to light or by her messing around with boiler. Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
No it wasnt caused by your tenant probably been like this for a while and your tenant just switched on the CH when they needed HW but it wouldnt have been so hot , get an RGI in wont be too much to sort out and get them to do a landlords safety certificate at the same time so will save you a bit of money as you need these done every 12 months by law but most will include the cost of this inspection for a nominal fee if attending a breakdown

No it wasnt caused by your tenant probably been like this for a while and your tenant just switched on the CH when they needed HW but it wouldnt have been so hot , get an RGI in wont be too much to sort out and get them to do a landlords safety certificate at the same time so will save you a bit of money as you need these done every 12 months by law but most will include the cost of this inspection for a nominal fee if attending a breakdown

Hi.Thanks for reply. Had gas saftey certificate done 5 months ago. Got someone going round to look at it this week. Just hope it not too dear. Hopefully i can fix myself if nothing major

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back