Betacom24c 24c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with the above boiler. The water from my taps is Luke warm, you can get it hot, but only with the water trickling. I have run the hot taps and checked the feed to the rads, which doesn't get warm. So I think it might be the heater plate exchange. (Might be wrong;)). If this was the case, what would I look to pay? I did speak to a plumber whom gave me a quote to replace it 18 months ago when I was renovating. But I couldn't afford it.

He has advise me it really needs replacing, but I couldn't afford it then, and now I looking to sell so definitely can't afford it now!!

I know it's not the best boiler!!! But I would still rather fix it.

Any advise would be greatly received.

Westie

Sponsored Links
well looks like you can't afford it then ;)

take a picture of the boiler location , ifs its the one I'm thinking of you will have some real fun o_O:ROFLMAO: . then you'd wished you accepted that engineers quote :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
back to original.

Last edited by a moderator:
god i bet you loved catch phrase , think your taking the pee but it can wait . :);)

well its either knackers or spackers.
id prefer knackers if I had the choice

I have an issue with the above boiler. The water from my taps is Luke warm, you can get it hot, but only with the water trickling. I have run the hot taps and checked the feed to the rads, which doesn't get warm. So I think it might be the heater plate exchange. (Might be wrong;)). If this was the case, what would I look to pay? I did speak to a plumber whom gave me a quote to replace it 18 months ago when I was renovating. But I couldn't afford it.

He has advise me it really needs replacing, but I couldn't afford it then, and now I looking to sell so definitely can't afford it now!!

I know it's not the best boiler!!! But I would still rather fix it.

Any advise would be greatly received.

Westie

Cleaned out a PHE on a 30c a couple of months ago. It was a RPITA to remove and replace. Got loads of flakes out of it.
Worked fine until two days ago, then diverter valve started playing up - gunk again. Took out both PHE and DV and plastic moulded connection between the two dropped into the bowl - so brittle through heat and age that it had split in two! New PHE @£150; new DV @£190 plus labour to fit.

Customer is now having an Intergas HRE fitted :)

Gentlemen Thank you for your reply. I been out of action for a few days. I will take a picture when i get home, actually live south Hertfordshire.

Isn't Potters Bar in South Herts?

I normally remove and clean plates, ideally bringing a ready cleaned one with me.

But I am not a fan of plastic boilers. Bits can break!

Tony

Isn't Potters Bar in South Herts?

I normally remove and clean plates, ideally bringing a ready cleaned one with me.

But I am not a fan of plastic boilers. Bits can break!

Tony

Tony I am Borehamwood, only 20 min from potters bar.

I am not very far from Borehamwood, in fact just driven past there a few minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in potters bar or boreham wood, I'm more than 20 mins away too.
tho I have driven past a few times many years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back