Better bathrooms showers valves...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Quality is OK but you'll find it extremely difficult/impossible to get spares for it when it needs them. Buy a product from a proper well-known brand who actually make spares for the things they sell. Crosswater do something similar (albeit at a higher purchase price, but you won't have to dig the entire valve out of the wall when it goes wrong, as spares for Crosswater kit are readily available) Full range here

Last edited:
That's the sort of answer I wanted, thanks.
I was recommended them for the bath but was unsure about these.

Thanks for the link, very helpful. Had a look at a couple, could do with something a bit shallower, but will look to see what they've got.

What other brands are good to go with, and ones to avoid?

Cheers.

OK, in that case Marflow make a similar valve that is the same depth as the BB one (full range here). Marflow are pretty good for spares and make quality kit in the UK, but finding retailers can be tricky as they tend to sell through small independent stores rather than being mass-market. Other than that, Bristan/Mira/Grohe/Hansgrohe/Aqualisa are all good for after-sales care. MX Showers and Roper Rhodes also claim to carry spares, and do the stacked square valves you like as well, but I've got no experience of the quality of their kit or how long after they've discontinued a product they continue to supply spares for it so I can't wholly recommend them

Sponsored Links
Never heard of them, but there's no mention of spares on their website which makes me immediately nervous. The link to the Crosswater price was a retailer with an actual selling price, the other two are RRPs, and nobody sells at the RRP

I found this a good site for spares:

http://www.bathroomspareparts.co.uk/

Pura parts are on there too. I take your point about spares not being listed on their website though.

You're right about the RRP, didn't notice the first link was a retailer.

Thanks so much for your help and providing the links! Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of them do the 3 outlets ones :(
Crosswater do but its but just a bit too deep.

Cheers

Thanks so much for your help and providing the links! Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of them do the 3 outlets ones :(
Crosswater do but its but just a bit too deep.

Cheers
Marflow Phase 4

Found it! Sorry, I'll open my eyes next time! :whistle:

Had a little chat with better bathrooms as was a intrigued...

Chat transcript

Paul Tester Sun, 05/22/16 05:30:34 pm Europe/London

Hello Mark. How may I help you?

Mark 05:31:21 pm

Good afternoon. I am looking at your shower valves, and wonder who they are manufactured by?

Paul Tester 05:31:45 pm

they are our own brand.

Mark 05:32:25 pm

Ok.
What will they be like for spare parts when things are needed?

Paul Tester 05:34:04 pm

we have a spares dept at head office , the valves come with a 10 year guarantee so i wouldnt be worried.

Mark 05:35:00 pm

How long are spares available/produced after you stop selling a specific unit?

Paul Tester 05:37:19 pm

impossible to say It may be we stop producing a model of valve but the components are the same as another product so are readily available.

Mark 05:39:08 pm

Ok. My worry is that this will be buried behind tiles of which i don't want to be digging back out when i find out a part isn't available for it if it goes wrong

Paul Tester 05:44:08 pm

its always a risk when using a concealed valve but if there is an issue with the product it usually shows on the initial installation.

Mark 05:46:43 pm

Is there a list of what parts are available for them?

Paul Tester 05:47:57 pm

our technical dept would have the information but they are closed until 8.30 tomorrow morning. If I new exactly which model you would be purchasing I could see what is available etc.

I will see what i can find out and drop you an email tomorrow?

Mark 05:49:06 pm

I'm just weighing up between this and a more well known brand that carry everything.

Paul Tester 05:50:13 pm

even well known brands will cease to stock everything as time goes on i will find out what we carry etc and email you tomorrow. is the email address correct?

Mark 05:50:45 pm

it is yes

Paul Tester 05:51:01 pm

no problem I will email you tomorrow then.

-------------

I'll see what he has to say (if) when he emails me!

Cheers

MzQ3NzJfMjI0NjBfYXBpLmNoYXRfX3RyYW5zY3JpcHRfYTQ2ZTA5YjItMDY3My00MjA2LWE1ZTctMjkwZGE2MDMxM2JlX21hcmtfX19fbmljb2xlQGhvdG1haWwuY29t

10 year guarantee my arris, that will only cover the basic structure of the thing, i.e for cracked housing etc. no way in hell they will cover the moving parts / seals.

why not try an ibox shower housing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back