Better solution than PIR brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a Honeywell wired alarm and was wondering if there is a better solution for fitting these to the wall than with the brackets which look horrid. Any pros out there have any suggestions. One of my rooms had coving making it a particular challenge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have a cheapo Visonics (?) but the PIR (wireless) body is moulded so that the clamshell body fits into a corner, or onto a flat wall.
could you make up a wooden block to emulate this?

Sponsored Links
You need a long drill bit (1/2meter long by 10 or 15mm in diameter) place drill bit in the corner of the coving and the drill bit will flex to your advantage, drill up horizontally, your first go through the coving then the ceiling, once through drill back out and thread cable up. Retrieve cable above and fit detector in corner.

As Alarm Engineer, but I use an old or cheap cross-point screwdriver about 200mm long shaft and just the right diameter for 8 core cable. A bit of rotation to "drill" through the coving in the corner and it allows you to feel what is happening whilst making the hole.

Push up a a good length of cable and then fish is out - I have done this from some distance to save pulling up floors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back