Which PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I know this has prob bee asked before
Any ideas of good Pretty looking PIR's
I have looked on a few sites but no reviews.
I would rather dual tech just for the less false alarms
It's for the living room and there is a fireplace that can get quite hot in the room.
Any ideas what make is recommended and how do I mount these things in the corner do they come with brackets?
The house has hit ceilings as it was build 1903
I see texcom do one that can deal with high ceilings
Any links or help would be great
Thanks

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The texecom prestige is a very nice looking low profile design
Its available in PIR & Dualtec verision, however dualtecs are usually larger

They can mount in the corner of rooms, i don't really think you need brackets but you can use them if you want.

I just have PIRs in my house & have not suffered any false alarms, Just don't point at windows or sources of heat. :)

http://www.crowelec.com/products.asp?param=7

These are nicer than most.
Watch the mounting heights though.

They are nice looking PIRs there pet 4 looks very similar to the Active8 by honeywell. Thats one i forgot to mention Active8 have Dualtecs & PIRs and they have brackets as well & there not really expensive.

Sponsored Links
Hi there
Been looking around i like the look of the Texecom Prestige DT.
will this be able to connect to my ADE honeywell ok as i keep reading that the Texe is EOL.
thanks

I'm happy with using KX15DQ (thx Alarm for putting me onto these).

Dig (quiet - I dislike the tick of the old reeds), selectable eol/al (wide range of values), can vary a few parameters if wanted (sensitivity etc). Looks okay (do any PIRs look much better than okay), clean white. So is a blue led but that's disabled anyway. Couple of adjustable brackets if wanted (wall & ceiling) but mostly I've mounted these in corners or flat.

- No connection with manufacturer nor my supplier other than a happy camper and my 2p.

Hi the
I bought a pironix as above and wondered after talking to the technical support line how well this will be installed at 2.6 meters rather than 2.4
The room is not 15 long so will this be ok.
Thanks

When fitted higher use the PCB adjuster to drop the detection. The instructions will tell you how.
Then walk test from all corners and window access. If this is not too good ( and I doubt it) you can angle the detector backplate slightly.
Another reason for corner mount brackets you can get now.

Hi there
So I hve put up the PIR.
I don't think it's sensitive enough
I can sit on the sofa md moved my arms and no lights appear.
One corner of the room does not really seem to make a blue light.
I will do some walk test tomorrow.
Any tips for this.
Thanks

Waving arms isnt a way or accepted method of testing. There are detection patterns and ways they have to be broken to make sure a false alarm is not generated.

Read the instructions, understand the technology and more importantly. Test as directed.

mylitle' Never had a problem with the heights, these 15s also have a good spread nearby low also. - I did swap an '18 out a year ago as that was all long range and I didn't was a false triggers from that far away if doors were left open.

You don't want it too sensitive anyway. And you could be in a bit of a blind spot in your favourite sofa seat, no worries I bet you can't get to across the room without an alarm. (If you can, then yes, needs adjustments.)

An insensitive alarm is better than one going off in error - The pro alarms use confirmed alarm to be double sure. Lets face it, if someone is in there up to no good they'll visit more than one room.

A slightly less sensitive alarm will be more tollerant with all the decorations around at this time of year!

mylittle'

Ah, now seen your other post - this is going to be tricky on multiple threads.

I was recommending the DQ not the DT. I'll leave you with the advice given already for the DT, do follow it.

My stance on sensitivity still stands, wind it down.

thanks for all the advice all
one more little question

when i had the open fire buring yesterday the PIR was flashing all day as even when tehre was no movement.

Is the dual tech the best idea for this room?
Or is there a better detector to use,
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back