honeywell accentra gen4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i want to know what you think of a alarm system i was looking at. its a honeywell gen 4 alarm kit.

pir are 4honeywell 81r103 pet pir should i still use these pir even tho i dont have a pet i want a all inclosed pir min gen4 lcd key pad 1x13ah battery.

2 bell boxes one dummy i was looking for texcom with twin flashing LED the said the new bell boxes come with one non flashing LED.

the alarm would be installed in a three bed room bunglow. and 2 door contacts. thanks fuse :)

Sponsored Links
no one have any thing to say about this system good bad or other wise your opion appresated fuse. :)

ok for DIY use, but a 13 amp hour battery, no way 7 amp hour!!
(typo ?)

other than that all seems to be ok

door contacts to rear and front entry exit would be good

thanks for your reply the door contacts are wired in series. do you take a 6 core cable from each contact to panel. the wire going between each contact are looped together in a connector block at the panel

does that go for the tamper and the other series connection from pir i know thar the + - is parrel to aux

the cable goes from panel zone. in to the first pir then the wire coming back out is connected to the next cable going to the next pir. and that wire coming out is connected to the next and so on then the last connection goes back to panel for T .

or is it better to loop each zone separately. say from panel first pir back out into panel. connect say zone 3 then next one wired the same on zone 4 and so on. with T and and C would you say this would be the chosen panel for 3 bed room bunglow looking at other posts some don't recommend pir in bathroom or kitchen. my bathroom and kitchen are at the back of the house hope you can get a idea what i am trying to say thanks fuse :)

Sponsored Links
general method of connecting devices;
1) cable from panel to device
2) connect 1 leg of the tamper circuit to 1st tamper point in panel
3) connect alarm connections to suitable zone in panel

4) cable from another device back to panel
5) connect one leg of the tamper circuit to the previous spare leg of original device wire, via a terminal strip
6) connect alarm connections to suitable zone in panel

continue as above until you run out of devices/cables

alway check with a multimeter that all tampers are closed (short circuit)
on the meter.

but also READ the instructions, and don't just stick it on the wall and hope for the best,
take your time and check every thing that you do, just to make sure its correct

any other info needed, just post here!

Oasis

ok for DIY use, but a 13 amp hour battery, no way 7 amp hour!!
(typo ?)

other than that all seems to be ok

door contacts to rear and front entry exit would be good

sorry my mistake battery 1x3ah what about putting pir in bathroom and kitchen .

is better to use flush mounted door contacts. is this how to fit them. drill a hole throught the door frame from the door closing end. bring the cable down the edge of the frame feed it in connect cable install contact close door mark door where it meet contact drill door install contact.

what size and lenth of bit would i need and is there a good and bad contact to buy and size thank fuse :)

any comment on my last post please is a 1.3ah battery ok or would be better with a 7ah would that fit in this panel thanks fuse :)

dual tech in the kitchen,

shock sensors (viper) on bathrrom window, (if its on the ground floor)
don tuse a pir in a bathroom

other than that all seems to be good to go.

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back