Details of typical transformer in a security alarm panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after all the technical details of a transformer you'd find within in a security alarm control panel.

I am intending to fit a Pyronix Deltabell Decoy dummy bell box with twin flashing LED.

There is no alarm system at all.

The lady in question doesn't want a working alarm, just a convincing twin flashing dummy bell box, with a view to adding some non working PIRs. The PIRs are only to activate their LEDs when someone walks in front - but again not to actually function as an alarm.

So I need the details of a transformer used in an ordinary alarm system.

12v dc.
Supply naturally 230v ac.

Any more details, as detailed info on the internet seems very scarce.

Sponsored Links
12v power supply eg , elmdene , dantech, look at cctv power supply as the cheapest option £10 for a 1 amp, you will pay more for a metal boxed alarm power supply but it's designed to hold a battery and is fused at 1 amp

It's usually no more than 1 amp then?

Assumed it wouldn't be.

Will probably get one of those plug in transformers with a lead at 12v dc 1 amp and that can be plugged straight into a socket.

Will have to do a joint at the secondary side - either cut the jack plug off, or see if an adapter is available where I can wire my alarm cable ends into. Via an enclosure preferably.

I shall see what's around.

Sponsored Links
:idea: You could run it from a SLA battery and a solar charger... That way, it wouldn't go off every time there was a powercut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back