Best PIR Advice Please

thanks for that skyboy. Although there is nothing valuable in my conservatory I like the idea of early detection and I have it also on part set so extra early detection when asleep. The general consensus seems to be if they are set up correctly then there should be no issue.

I was going down the route of a Texecom Prestige DT but have just seen a Honeywell Dual Tech Detector (DT7450) which has a good spec and seems the range can be reduced down to 4m which would suit my small conservatory of 3.5m x3.5m.

Anyone had experience with this Honeywell detector ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
DTs have been used in conservatories since they came on to the market, just need to be set up correctly.

No more trouble in there than anywhere else.

thanks will go down DT route for conservatory prob the Honeywell sensor.

In terms of the Hallway Detector being used for exit/entry and possible false alarms caused by incoming post is it best to go down the DT route too or Quad ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Quad at minimum.
A contact would be better, you sure there is no way to get a cable there?

As a PS, if the Microwave is too low the detector with become ineffective.

cheers will look again changing it to a door contact. i was trying to run the cable so it was not on show which was easier to hide with a detector. Running the cable to the front door so that it is hidden was hindered by a rsj above the door but i think i gave up too easy so may look into it again if i start to encounter too many false alarms.

thanks guys for your assistance.

just one more thing before i go, on the veritas excel when the power goes off and the panel is running off the battery the panel bleeps. Is there anyway of turning that off ?

Its warning you of the problem.
Code will quieten it but it will come back, try using engineers. But try to keep it off mains for as short as possible.

Its just that we've been havin quite a few power cuts recently during the night (EON issues) and it is dam annoying at 3.00am lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back