DT PIR Reccomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've asked this question within another thread and feel that it has been lost amongst other conversation.
I have a Texecom Premier Elite system and require a DT PIR for the loft and garage. I've had recommendations for a Guardall and Texecom DT thus far.

I want to fit these and forget about them as opposed to worry about false alarms repeatedly. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Oh how we wish for the detector that will not give a false activation at some time. The average of these activations years ago used to be one activation per detector over a twelve month period. What it is now I'm afraid I don't know

Averages, we all know how averages are worked out, possibly you have one of the high average detectors.

Firstly, if a detector is installed correctly this will give you the best performance for that device.

If its correctly programmed and maintained it will give you the best stability over many years.

False alarms, or rather unwanted activations is probably more accurate description for most triggers are impossible to eliminate completely, but its probably more accurate that when done properly the unwanted activations are minimised.

as for the number of activations per year per device that's unwanted, I would say the average is much lower than 1 a year, as for it being false probably even less.

Radiators, drafts,sun light, lights, animals, insects, power etc can all impact on the number of activations, most manufacturers provide a leaflet explaining how to get the best from that device

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. @sparkymarka I hadn't realised that 3 people have endorsed that choice of DT. It's quite pricey and difficult to find so I thought I would hold out for some more opinions.
Perhaps that's normal for DT's. I'm unsure at this stage....

Thanks for your help with this guys. I've ordered the Optex DT's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back