PIR in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a premier elite panel in my house 18 month back, eol wired. All running ok no issues. I am wanting to add a PIR to my garage as i feel its needed. Can anyone shed any light on if its wise to PIR the garage (which is not attached to house).

I have a spare Texecom prem elite DT sensor that i could use but i was wondering whether i may encounter false alarms due to roddents or insects? There shouldnt be much threat from rodents but they always find a way in but there will be plenty of spiders knocking about as i live next to a small wood. Also how good are the sensors with the cold?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be fine with a DT, fitted lots in garages over the years (not Texecom specifically) with no issues as long as the range/sensitivity is adjusted correctly. Cold shouldn't be a problem, the microwave side of the DT is only affected by physical movement.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back