between rafters above wall plate void

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’ve got my garage roof on and the soffits etc are all complete.
My issue is that when I’m inside the garage and I look above the wall plate there is a void. If I got on a step ladder and looked in this void I could see into the soffit.
What is normally done about this?
I was thinking of just covering with timber but was is the usual way with this?
Any pics would help me out.
Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
yes pics would help
Eh?

If you look at any roof at this detail, you will see exactly the same thing. However, most folk are not in the habit of peering at the back of their soffit and even fewer folk are bothered about it.

I'm more concerned with the knobbly bits on the underside of my extension foundations. Anyone know how I can smooth it over?

Sponsored Links
I'm more concerned with the knobbly bits on the underside of my extension foundations. Anyone know how I can smooth it over?
We add a cap full of Germaloid into the mix to stop this happening In the first place. (y)

Sarcasm is in full flow tonight. I think in most cases there's plasterboard in the way so you wouldn't be able to see that in most roofs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back