Bevel edge tiles and trims.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Can't get this clear in my mind. Going to use 100mm x 200mm bevel edge tiles and set them in brick bond style.
When I get to the outer edge of the worktop where the tiles will stop I will have alternate full tile and half tile. Will this look strange and if so any suggestions apart from the obvious of lay them in the normal fashion.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Why not try and plan to finish two thirds tile then one third under then tile trim the edge.

Would that work.

Andy.

it can look at bit strange yes, but its massively popular at the moment.
The question of trims comes up a lot. But the bevel is only usually 2mm which is deeptively small.

The best solution ive seen is to match the trip to the deeper part (usually 7-8mm), cut up to the trim as normal and then take your time when grouting.

If you can plan your layout to always cut up to the trim (taking at least 25mm off) then all the better

Thanks for that. Careful planning needed before starting then. Got a few wooden batons so will mark out the tiles on that and see where the cuts will be before I make a start.

The tiles are listed as 7mm which I assume is not the bevel edge so would I use a 7mm trim or a trim to match the thickness of the edge which will be 6mm or less?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if you lay out so that cuts most often hit the trim then you'll need a trim thats 7mm + some for addy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back