Bewildered by choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 bed semi 7 rads (10 yrs old) 1 Bathroom (bath with shower over) normal kitchen nothing special.
I am to replace a halstead Quatro gold 28kw boiler and have had a Biasi 32kw and also Baxi 105he recommended and begged to be rejected in equal measure.
I would like a reasonable flow rate on DHW and whilst I'm certainly no lottery winner I do realise that there is nothing free or cheap without reason in this life.
I have trawled the net and the choice is so totaly bewildering I have decided to canvass and respect your opinions.
My questions are simple yet undoubtedly typical.
which if any of the above would be my best bet, or indeed would you suggest something more suitable either in size, make or model for my heating and DHW needs. assuming you do not need more info.
I would love to spend £1500 on a boiler but realistically my max limit is under 1k for an honest to goodness workhorse.
your advice would be hugely apreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes but to be honest the huge variety of models even between two makes just blows my stack what with platinum, du, eco tech, E, he, i, si, cdi, eco, sx, gti, itv, bbc, usa (sorry I'm loosing the plot again)
and thats before I start on Kw 24, 28, Etc. Etc.

It was easier choosing a wife and deciding on a family !! Oh and I had similar commets like it won't last and the other one will cost you less in the long run

Your existing Halstead 28 kW boiler, whilst not everyone's choice, is quite repairable and in proper working order can give virtually the same performance as either of the two makes you have mentioned.

Repair, dont replace!

Those who install boilers will not agree.

They want your money!

Unlike all wives, a boiler will continue to give good performance as long as it is serviced regularly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
My plumber who has repaired my ageing boiler oodles of times recons that it may not do a lazarus again as the gaffer tape and string could give way at any time (joke) we need the old workhorse moving and he recons its time to seriously consider a new one especially as we may sell up when the sleeping student awakes and leaves home from both a reliability and regs point of view.

Appqarently nothing wrong with Biasi these days but as they are a cheapo boiler they tend to be fitted by cheapo installers who cut corners etc.

Go for a Vaillant ecotec Plus 831.

£1,500 for boiler? Without fitting? If so, The W-B 43kW will give 17 litre/min flowrate and give change. Also the Alpha CD-50 will fill a bath pronto and again give change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back