BFRC energy ratings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Quick question about the BFRC ratings.
Had a couple of quotes to replace windows in our home. I got one from Everest (or should be Everest 2020 I guess) and another from Anglican.
Quite a difference in price (guesses as to who was the most expensive), but the more expensive company said it was because they got the whole window tested whilst the other company only got the glass tested, they justified this because on the BFRC website they have further details on their certificate, such as Effective Air Leakage. SO they said the other company had A rated glass, but they will have like C rated frames which will have leaks.
My question is, is this true or is this salesman speak? Can BFRC certificates only cover windows or is there a re separate detailed rating possible?
Interestingly I then checked Safestyle and they didn't have a 'detailed' certificate either.

Anyone help out a confused old bean!

Sponsored Links
Oh salesman crap at its best lol.
There is no such thing as an A rated sealed unit for a start. The rating is only applicable once the glass and frame are put together as one 'unit ' .All ratings are worked out for a specific 'U' value
BFRC is the name of the organisation that gives the ratings lol

Ha ha I'm struggling to work out which company claimed that because honestly and truefully both are capable of such ******. As ronnie says its the complete package that is tested to get an A rating, you don't test individual parts

Sponsored Links
I highly recommend finding a small local family run business and getting them to quote for your windows, they are likely to take pride in their work as they have a reputation to protect. Ignore all the big national installers with their subby window fitters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back