BG 330 condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Hello another winter approaching and the unresolved problem of boiler not firing properly during the wee small cold hours, is rearing it's head for the 3rd winter. The boiler fires up for a few mins then cuts off and the flashing red light appears and F26. After switching it off for a few seconds, then switching it back on, it starts and runs quite happily until the next night. Last winter I pinpointed that the problem occured between 1-2 am as I have the boiler running 24/7. As the mornings are a damp I want the heat on for a couple of hours, this morning at 6.45am, the boiler played it's on off routine. Last winter I called the Npower home team out a couple of times, but because I can get the boiler to work, there is nothing that they can do except to say it was cold in the loft, if the fault was either on the inflow or outflow, not sure which, one of those is not covered by their scheme. Now one of their advisers advised that I get an independant third party to look at the fault. My cover with Npower ends on 23rd this monthand I am not sure what to do. HELP

Sponsored Links
Tell them you are not happy because they have not resolved the problem.

The problem occurred during the insured period so they are obliged to cover it even if you dont renew. But you could have to argue!

Doers anyone know if this is genuine insurance and so covered by the Insurance Ombudsman?

How big is your system? ie how many rads? Sounds like the temperature difference between your flow and return is too high. Get a RGI or BG or Glowworm to properly range rate the boiler. If Npower boys don't know how to do it, get them to pay for a manufaturers visit. Might be worth noting a properly range rated boiler will not only last longer, it will save you money on your gas bill.

BTW why are Npower maintaining a boiler sold exclusively by BG?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back