BG C1 boiler - what is it?

I guess you are right.

Certainly easier than the lastest ones with 'press this for 4 seconds then press this for 10 seconds and twist this knob'

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Just got back from servicing the BG C1 (GC no. 47 311 53). It's seems identical to the WB 28 Si (GC no. 47 311 51).

There seems to be a serious problem with identifying BG boilers. How are we supposed to get hold of MIs to check such things as ventilation requirements and burner pressures? BG don't appear to have anything on-line to help and a search for C1 on the Worcester site comes up with nothing.

Chris GC No 47 311 53 is the 14/19 CBi LPG

for the record GC No 47 311 51 is listed as the 28 Si ng or the 9/14 CBi lpg

doitall said:
Chris GC No 47 311 53 is the 14/19 CBi LPG

for the record GC No 47 311 51 is listed as the 28 Si ng or the 9/14 CBi lpg

Well this BG C1 definitely carried the GC no. 47 311 53. I've used the www.boilers.org.uk site to check GC nos but they list the BG C1 as 47 311 51 (same number as the WB 28 S1). All very confusing.

Assuming the Gas Council no longer exists, who's supposed to be managing the numbering system these days?

Make you wonder if there's a con going on :eek:

Use the same GC No to save going through the approval channels

Sponsored Links
Any of you done battle with a Viessman diagnostic screen? Nightmare. Also if you download one of their manuals it makes War and Peace look like a Noddy book. The boilers come with about four A 5 booklets for a start.

I have a feeling that as the German gas installers are still a very tight 'guild' they deliberately make documentation complicated, so that ordinary

We have 'inherited' a bunch of badly installed Viessmans in a block of flats. None of the tenants can figure out the controls, so they ALL work them on the fused spur..., and frankly I don't blame them.

And of course...No GC numbers, so which number you use to order bits..lord only knows.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back