Knocking noise whenturning on hot water - BG C1 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can you tell me how to get rid of the knocking noise when turning on the hot water tap of our British Gas C1 combi boiler. we have bled the radiators and they are fine.

Sponsored Links
Haven't a clue what this BG boiler is :oops: Perhaps a Worcester or Glow Worm :confused:

Usually knocking and banging is overheating and/or lack of circulation.

Do you get HW? Do the rads get hot ok?

If memory serves me correctly, it is 24 cdi. No known problems (at least to me) that would cause this.
Suspect waterhammer or loose washer.
Do you get the noise with ALL hotwater taps, or only one?

thanks for your replies.

knocking happens when both hot taps are turned on. have been told we need to release air in boiler by a bleeding tap - any ideas what and where

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Just had a go at turning the hot water temperature down a tad, seems to have cured the problem. thanks once again. :D

You'll probably find you have a faulty dhw expansion vessel on the pipework somewhere....if you havn't got a water meter or other non return valve you don't need one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back