BG C1 boiler - what is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what a BG C1 combi boiler is in reality? A Worcester Bosch perhaps?

Is there anyway of accessing information about BG badged products on-line?

Sponsored Links
Seen a quote recently for a BG 532 - wossat? A 30kW combi but don't know which one.

This is for a house with 2 big bathrooms.... quote was £5600, includes new trv's though they're all TRV4's a year old, customer told to get a new water main first although he has 20l/min off a 1.2 bar supply....
Oh dear. :rolleyes:

a c1 is a rebadged worcester.....the one with the twin pass heatex and the curved outer cover with just one screw holding it on at the top...i forget the worcester model name. good boilers though, i like them.

the rd 532 is a worcester greenstar i think

Sponsored Links
Just got back from servicing the BG C1 (GC no. 47 311 53). It's seems identical to the WB 28 Si (GC no. 47 311 51).

There seems to be a serious problem with identifying BG boilers. How are we supposed to get hold of MIs to check such things as ventilation requirements and burner pressures? BG don't appear to have anything on-line to help and a search for C1 on the Worcester site comes up with nothing.

The customer should have them available chris, but I should imagine the instructions are available from the manufacturer...worcester for these two.

there are no differences to any of the bg rebadged boilers that i know of.

most of the gc numbers give you a clue to the manufacturer anyway....in this case 311 is worcester.

i agree their numbering system is a nightmare.

The CDi is the Worcs 28Si and the new 532 is the New Worcs CDi.

The 628 was an interesting one which I cannot recall the Worcs equivalent of, but was soon replaced

Of course the Icc2 was........ :confused:

the icc1 was that gloworm shed.

the icc2 was a worcester wasnt it.....i liked that one, nice easy controls and stuff

nickso said:

the icc2 was a worcester wasnt it.....i liked that one, nice easy controls and stuff

Yes the ICC1 was the Glowworm Energy saver 2 with that Chronotherm :eek:

The ICC2 was a great chunk though wasnt it. Too big for its own good although clorifier was impressive. Used to condense on DHW that puppy

nickso said:

Not really

The first digit is the model and the last 2 are the output.

Like a BMW in a way

pannierstan said:
nickso said:

Not really

The first digit is the model and the last 2 are the output.

Like a BMW in a way

ahhh i see now...wish someone had told me that some time ago

nickso said:
i liked that one, nice easy controls and stuff

Hope to god you were not talking about the Text display model :eek:

We used to put that thing in to German for a laugh to baffle apprentices :D

pannierstan said:
nickso said:

Yes the ICC1 was the Glowworm Energy saver 2 with that Chronotherm :eek:

The ICC2 was a great chunk though wasnt it. Too big for its own good although clorifier was impressive. Used to condense on DHW that puppy

the cronotherm is a thing of nightmares. but the boiler wasnt much better.

the icc2 was a good boiler for the customer with more room to fit it. a cinch to work on as well....could fit most of another boiler in it...theres a lot of them and the greenstar round here and i almost enjoy working on them ;)

pannierstan said:
nickso said:
i liked that one, nice easy controls and stuff

Hope to god you were not talking about the Text display model :eek:

We used to put that thing in to German for a laugh to baffle apprentices :D

the text display model is the best user and engineer interface ive ever seen on a boiler....marvelous stuff and simple once you look through it a few times....never tried it in german though lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back