BG & Glowworm Inset BBU 50 Back Boiler+ Gasfire

Apparently, BG require him to be actually present at the property to order any parts... 1 week without heating because of BG s**t system.

not technically true but it is safer to leave paperwork when you order parts for the boiler, it's an arse covering effort due to the unending BG HSE red tape.

sadly i have lost my bump cap so no need to eat it. :)

Sponsored Links
Well done BG ....eventually and with some persuasion.[/quote]

And a heads up and confidence boosting info from posters here!

Thankfully you have got a good result but if we are all honest this is basically a **** BG engineer that is lazy and can't be arsed doing a bit of a tricky job. So came out with a load of BS. I bet you he offered to get a sales rep round to quote for a new boiler

Sponsored Links
PVM :D

gazdaz36,
After initially telling me over the phone that the parts were not available he then said, 'I'll get someone to call you with prices.'

I said 'great', thinking that BG would use some different source and advise me of the new prices.

No....when BG rang back he was asking, 'will you be there at the appointment?'

Confused...I said 'your engineer has already been and gone...appointment ...what appointment ?'

BG, 'So we can design a new system for you'
:eek: ...yeah right !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back