BG Homecare Contract and power flushing

I am lead to believe that if BG do the flush and it goes wrong down the line they will fix the problem for free.

BG are experts at wriggling out of issues... They have covered themselves through the Ts and Cs you sign up to.

I wouldn't get sucked into their sales talk.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It's in black and white....be a **** and the manager will likely fold.

Sponsored Links
Lets be honest here, would any se guys cover that system after the description, I certainly wouldn't.
Either get bg to do flush that will be covered in future from anymore problems,
Or pay someone else to do it, and take the chance, but it will probably happen again as usually down to a fault in the system design so that will also have to be traced and rectified, so I doubt the price will be just for the flush so cost will mount up without a guarantee a few years down the line.

Before people jump in, its also in their t and c's that existing system design faults aren't their responsibility. There's an awful lot of clauses in the terms, like most large service providers.

He is still looking for a recommendation for an independent to do the flushing for him.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Just spoke to BG who said that I could get my own plumber in to Powerflush and that it wouldnt be detremental to my agreement, now I am confused. I have emailed them to get this in writing ! :confused:

Sponsored Links
An answer depends on the question!

If BG power flush then they cover you for ALL sludge issues in the future.

If your independent power flushes then BG continue to exclude sludge issues!

Tony

If BG power flush then they cover you for ALL sludge issues in the future.

Not true.

Be careful here, they will only cover it if they are happy it's not caused by a pre existing fault. Even if they did the first flush and came back a year later to do it again, if they find anything they don't like they will ask for it to be rectified at his cost before they do the second flush.

Also be aware you must be continuously on contract if you want to take advantage of the guarantee, any time off contract voids it.

Just spoke to BG who said that I could get my own plumber in to Powerflush and that it wouldnt be detremental to my agreement, now I am confused. I have emailed them to get this in writing ! :confused:

As I said before. It's your house you can do what you like but BG will not cover third party work.

That's quite correct because your existing Agreement already excludes sludge problems! So nothing will have changed!

That's quite correct because your existing Agreement already excludes sludge problems! So nothing will have changed!

Again not true.

The first sludge issue should be repaired as part of contract.

If the custard is then quoted for a flush BG may take even more off the contract or drop them to a lower one.

If I knew of a sludge issue I wouldn't even bother investigating anything on the system until it was rectified. If there was a boiler fault I would make the customer aware that if I found anything faulty due to sludge I wouldn't be replacing anything unless they paid for it.....if they refuse the old parts go back on no matter if it leaves it inoperable.

Apart from a few plate HEs cleaned by BG , most I am asked about are where BG have refused to do anything unless the system is power flushed.

That often causes a problem because many who power flush only do that to the radiators and don't touch the boiler.

Of course I do whatever is required but rarely do any because the rads only boys can charge less than the typical £350 that I suggest on the phone.

Tony

Apart from a few plate HEs cleaned by BG , most I am asked about are where BG have refused to do anything unless the system is power flushed.

That often causes a problem because many who power flush only do that to the radiators and don't touch the boiler.

Of course I do whatever is required but rarely do any because the rads only boys can charge less than the typical £350 that I suggest on the phone.

Tony

Can't deny my patch was better than most for doing the first fault and we also had a really good guy doing the flushes. Other patches will be far worse off at both I'm sure.

Can't deny my patch was better than most for doing the first fault and we also had a really good guy doing the flushes. Other patches will be far worse off at both I'm sure.

Does the "was" mean you have now left?

Neither, Changed to the offshore oil game.

Currently topping up my tan in Gabon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back