Joining British Gas Homecare

do you want to try again for the speedboat or just take the cash now?

No, I give up. I'll leave it to people who pay more attention to polishing BG's c*ck, than to such trivia as the technicalities of say Vaillant boilers.

Sponsored Links
Well,it's no wonder there are so many people reporting bad experiences with BG if their staff are as smug and offensive as certain people posting here.
Can't see that it's a good advert for the company at all.

I'll leave it to people who pay more attention to polishing BG's c*ck, than to such trivia as the technicalities of say Vaillant boilers.

oooohhhh! thats a shame.

dont forget you still get your diynot mug and your busfare home.

Strumey your talking nonsense more people come on here slagging BG engineers off than other way around .They are defending themselves .

And you believe this particular thread is a real topic and not a set up to do this then ??

Sponsored Links
Well,it's no wonder there are so many people reporting bad experiences with BG if their staff are as smug and offensive as certain people posting here.
Can't see that it's a good advert for the company at all.

cant speak for anyone else but im always good to my customers, unless they are nasty to me. im a nice guy, honest. :D

Leaving personal issues aside for a moment, why is it then that BG want 600 stripes nearly for a powerflush, yet independents can do it for half that?
Do they use better chemicals? ;)

Leaving personal issues aside for a moment, why is it then that BG want 600 stripes nearly for a powerflush, yet independents can do it for half that?

higher overheads and BG guarantee their flushes for lifetime of system/owner and with the proviso that they inhibit the system "regularly". dont see any independants doing that, perhaps someone does.

BG guaranty it for the lifetime of the homecare contract and our hourly rate is higher. It also covers the customer if any repiping is required if the blockage wont shift or it springs a leak

Please note rule 9 (Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts.) - See here for the forum rules.
Please use reply button and not quote button thanks.

If you choose to use the quote button you can delete what is not needed.

:rolleyes: just cant let a thread flow nicely can you.

That's fair enough.
But it's still not clear whether the powerflush IS a pre-condition of Homecare or not? Or only in certain cases? And if so,which ones?

System water test using turbidity tube.
Red, Amber, green for results.
Red=no homecare without flush or boiler and controls but no water parts.
Amber= signs of problems advise flush? Lower level of care?
Green= hop on baby.

Think that's about it

I have a mate with a very big house with 28 rads which needs flushing, pls could you message me the name of the independent who will cover this with a lifetime guarantee for me for 300 quids....thanks. ;)

there are few "pre-conditions" of contract.

the only major ones i can think of are unsafe situations, poor access or very severe neglect.

its really up to the engineer and even then the poor engineer is often forced to take on some awful ****e onto contract on the advice of some guy on the phone.

anything that is not covered by contract is unlikely to be a "pre-condition". what would be the point? as i said earlier anything found either on the initial visit or any subsequent visit should be quoted accordingly if its a concern.

System water test using turbidity tube.
Red, Amber, green for results.
Red=no homecare without flush or boiler and controls but no water parts.
Amber= signs of problems advise flush? Lower level of care?
Green= hop on baby.

Think that's about it

christ, are you still doing any of that? think we put up with that for a month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back