British Gas - Boiler Deals

because they are competion.

No they are not

Because we can. I take it you've never been stumped by a boiler and tried a part just in case?

You can because you are ripping people off on price
Admit have tried a part on very rare occasion

???? that makes no sense :LOL:
i.e If you work for BG you big them up and obviously have an interest.

[/quote][/quote]

Sponsored Links
how is it a rip off? people constantly refer to

oh s** it im bored of this.

Guys, I just needed some advice and you`ve kindly provided me with your help.

Lets not turn it into a war.

Sorry BF, i hope you have got the answers that you needed. The BG thing is a hot topic on any thread.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Lol, You asked peoples opinions about british gas, this conversation only goes one way from here lol

Get BG to give you a quote and decide yourself what you want. I totaly expect we will be dearer than most if not all other quotes you get. make sure other quotes are for similar quality boilers ect so there not just saving money installing ****e.

You have the plus side of having all the comebacks under the sun if installed by us should something not be right, but that obv comes at a price. If you dont know a good recommended local engineer to fit then I would suggsst BG. Ask your firends who has installed theis.

Ive been to plenty of jobs where people have installed boilers, customer completley happy untill I rattle off a list of installation problems that theyve made a mess of installing and cant get contractor to rectifie.

Oh and 24hr call doesnt really apply to us either,unless its a water leak, if your heatings broke down and your not a pensioner or a 2 year old it will be as and when we have someone available (NORMALY next day, or sooner)

Lol, You asked peoples opinions about british gas, this conversation only goes one way from here lol

Get BG to give you a quote and decide yourself what you want. I totaly expect we will be dearer than most if not all other quotes you get. make sure other quotes are for similar quality boilers ect so there not just saving money installing s***te.

You have the plus side of having all the comebacks under the sun if installed by us should something not be right, but that obv comes at a price. If you dont know a good recommended local engineer to fit then I would suggsst BG. Ask your firends who has installed theis.

Ive been to plenty of jobs where people have installed boilers, customer completley happy untill I rattle off a list of installation problems that theyve made a mess of installing and cant get contractor to rectifie.

Oh and 24hr call doesnt really apply to us either,unless its a water leak, if your heatings broke down and your not a pensioner or a 2 year old it will be as and when we have someone available (NORMALY next day, or sooner)

Thanks - I can now see there is plus and minus`s and I appreciate the time taken by all to highlight and reply.

Cheers

It was done by an independant plumber yes, but I quote myself
local reputable plumber

I would put my life on it that the plumber that done the work in those pics only has a reputation at being sh1t

It was done by an independant plumber yes, but I quote myself
local reputable plumber

I would put my life on it that the plumber that done the work in those pics only has a reputation at being s**t

perhaps, but what the **** does that have to do with BG?

I compared the work in the pics to the typical outcome of work from BG, advising the thread creator not to have the work done by BG and to find a local reputable plumber.

If you read a few posts up to my first post in this thread, you would have understood that.

I compared the work in the pics to the typical outcome of work from BG, advising the thread creator not to have the work done by BG and to find a local reputable plumber.

If you read a few posts up to my first post in this thread, you would have understood that.

so **** all then. :rolleyes:

Quote - bg only use contractors wen their own installation teams are booked up and whats to say the random local private engineer is going to be any better than the contractor which bg do use?

If you are self employed and good at your job, why would you want to sub contract from BG? Why is it that almost everyone on here that doesn't work for BG does not have a good word to say about them.

Why do BG engineers keep replacing parts instead of repairing the boiler when the "Local private engineer" could not operate in this way in order to make a living?

If you know what you are talking about, don't try to big up BG just because you have an interest.

how do ya repair a noisy pump or a pcb on a ultimate then (both been used as examples earlier in the post) without replacing a part? :confused:
and how much would you charge for these repairs?

sorry, but cant help big up me homeboys init! :LOL:

No one understands what you are harping on about i'm afraid :rolleyes:

You seemed to be slagging off BG using an example of a independent companies cock up.

Whats the correlation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back