Joining British Gas Homecare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 questions which I believe someone can help answer on this forum:

1. I have just switch my energy supplies from B-Gas to EDF, can I still join BG-Homecare?

2. The main reason I want to join BGHomecare is that all my radiators are half filled with sludge and I have been quoted around £300 to flush them. Will BG do this free for me as part of Homecare agreement?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They're more likely to make the powerflush a higher than £300 chargeable pre-condition of joining.

And then take x amount per month.

Will BG do this free for me as part of Homecare agreement?

Who do you think they are, Barnardo's?

They're more likely to make the powerflush a higher than £300 chargeable pre-condition of joining. And then take x amount per month.
Above is more like it. They will DEMAND you have a powerflush before they take you on cover. Cost to you= £500+ depending on how many rads you've got.
They would never make a profit if they took on every sludged up,old system at £7 per month without giving themselves some kind of insurance.

Thanks. Is powerflush what I need to flush the radiators. Is there any other type of flush which will be ok and free? and also can I join BGHomecare while I am with EDF?

Sponsored Links
Yes, BG Homecare is available to all,regardless of supplier.

If they come and inspect your system-which they will- and find that it is dirty system water they will insist on a powerflush before they will insure you. You don't have to use them to do the powerflush, you can use someone else (cheaper)so long as you can show proof the work has been done.
Alternatively, you could maybe do a chemical clean and flush yourself BEFORE they come and inspect and hope that the powerflush is then not a stipulation BUT I am not sure what criteria exactly they employ in deciding this- there may be other factors such as open vented system/age of rads which determine their stance.
Others may be able to advise you better on this last point.

I think what the OP is saying is "I need a powerflush, I don't want to pay for it, how can i get it done for free?" :LOL: :LOL:

OR
What subject can i make up and get people biting

indeed.

in case he is genuine....... i doubt they will even check water quality. since its not covered they will simply give you a quote for it when its necessary.

contrary to some BS on this thread , price is postcode dependant, number of rads is irrelevant and prices start at £592.

Either of the last 3 above posts probably applies.

Why do people still think BG make you have a flush before they take you on contract?

because morons like the ones on this thread tell them they do.

because morons like the ones on this thread tell them they do.

So that would make BG morons if they couldn't quote, from memory, T&C's offered by the traders on this forum.

it would if they tried and ended up giving false or misleading advice. why take a guess at something you dont really know the answer to if you dont make it clear that you are guessing?

for example you wont see me posting on here about vaillant boilers, unless its to ask a question, as i know **** all about them. why do you and others feel the need to post about things you know **** all about?

They're more likely to make the powerflush a higher than £300 chargeable pre-condition of joining. And then take x amount per month.

Right there's my post. So let's correct that for you.

They're more likely to offer you a free powerflush, after enrolment on their scheme, than they are to making it a pre-condition.

Right there's my post. So let's correct that for you.

They're more likely to offer you a free powerflush, after enrolment on their scheme, than they are to making it a pre-condition.

nope.

do you want to try again for the speedboat or just take the cash now?

With Nickso on this some of the sh#te you see posted on this forum on how BG is meant to work etc etc etc and its usually from the i will fix anything for £84 quid guy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back